1. How long have you been a CASA volunteer?
I became a CASA in February 2020, 2 1/2 years ago, and had my first in-person court in October 2022.
2. What brought you to apply to become a CASA volunteer?
I was looking through volunteer opportunities in the HT at the end of 2019 and saw a mention of an upcoming breakfast with CASA. I had been thinking of becoming a CASA but was a little bit intimidated by the prospect. I went to the breakfast and talked to some long time volunteers who convinced me that it would be a very worthwhile opportunity. I went on the CASA website, read more about it and signed up to participate in the upcoming training.
3. Besides being a CASA volunteer, what do you like to do in your spare time?
On a day to day basis, I enjoy exercising, hiking, walking with friends, reading and spending time with my family. I also enjoy traveling.
4. What do you love the most about being a CASA?
I enjoy my time with the children. The children I have been involved with are young and I enjoy talking with them, playing games with them and seeing their imagination at play.
5. What’s a hidden talent or unusual fact that most people don’t know about you?
I enjoy my time with the children. The children I have been involved with are young and I enjoy talking with them, playing games with them and seeing their imagination at play
Click HERE to learn more about becoming a CASA volunteer.