Skip to content
Tamara Saltzman – June 2019 Featured Volunteer
- How long have you been a CASA?
I am not sure I remember exactly how long I have been a CASA. Either November of 08 or 09.(We checked! Tamara became an advocate in November of 2009.)
- What brought you to apply to become a CASA?
“I have always wanted to give back to the community, but wasn’t sure what I wanted to do. I looked into the CASA program and decided that I would help children have a voice. I am a Paralegal and work in family law and thought being a CASA would be something I could do.”
- Besides being a CASA volunteer, what do you like to do in your spare time?
I like to spend time with my family, garden, and I like to paint old furniture.
- What do you love the most about being a CASA?
I love being able to help children. I enjoy helping to make decisions for them that give them a chance to be all they can be.
- And now for a little fun, what’s a hidden talent or unusual fact that most people don’t know about you?
In college I played intercollegiate badminton. I went to Nationals in California my senior year.