Skip to content
Pete Giordano – February 2018 Featured Volunteer
- How long have you been a CASA?
Since June 2017.
- What brought you to apply to become a CASA?
I had been thinking about it for quite a while and talking to people about it. I would always see the people gathered outside the courtroom as I came into the office. One day I just decided it was time and sent in the application.
- Besides being a CASA advocate, what do you like to do in your spare time?
I work a bit part-time in the Prosecutor’s office. I try to keep up on reading and some movies as well as traveling to visit friends and family.
- What do you love the most about being a CASA?
For me, it is about trying to make the system work a little bit better for the innocent children that are brought into it through no fault of their own. They are truly the most innocent of victims. If we can make their lives a little better and help them find a way forward, we have done well.
- And now for a little fun, what’s a hidden talent or unusual fact that most people don’t know about you?
Well it is not a talent, but I really enjoy the old Perry Mason television show on reruns. I find the black and white, 50’s California ‘noir’ appealing.