1. How long have you been a CASA volunteer?
I was only sworn in this past July 2021.
2. What brought you to apply to become a CASA volunteer?
I have wanted to be a CASA since I first heard about the program, which was maybe when I first explored being a foster parent years ago. After COVID pushed me to step down from my full time job in 2020, and with the support of my wife, I finally felt like I had the time to give the attention I felt the position deserved.
3. Besides being a CASA volunteer, what do you like to do in your spare time?
We have a whole lotta kids, so most of my time is spent parenting! But I do also love to read and to play in our garden.
4. What do you love the most about being a CASA?
It’s a special kind of honor to be a safe space for kids who need someone to listen to them. It’s also pretty incredible to see the number of people and resources in our community that really want the best for families who are struggling.
5. What’s a hidden talent or unusual fact that most people don’t know about you?
It’s not so hidden to anyone who knows me, but chocolate has always been an important part of my life! I love to bake. It’s also the opposite of a talent, maybe, that I read a lot and yet probably cannot tell you the name of an author or a book title when asked. I even have to look up the names of my favorites!