1. How long have you been a CASA volunteer?
I have been a CASA since February 2021. I got sworn in right after I turned 21!
2. What brought you to apply to become a CASA volunteer?
What brought me to apply to CASA was a fellow CASA volunteer, Olivia Burpo. We were in a class together during COVID-19. After connecting with her and listening to the impact she had on children through CASA, I was sold. I feel very passionately about CASA’s mission and plan to be a CASA for as long as I can.
3. Besides being a CASA volunteer, what do you like to do in your spare time?
My favorite activities are yoga, running/hiking, learning, listening to music and spending time with my dog. I enjoy seeing and experiencing new places whenever I have the opportunity.
4. What do you love the most about being a CASA?
I love the special relationships that are developed with the children. Before I became a CASA, I didn’t realize how rewarding it would be to be the person the children feel comfortable trusting and confiding in. It is a very special thing to be the person that children depend and rely on. I have met so many amazing people through this organization and that’s been a perk as well.
5. What’s a hidden talent or unusual fact that most people don’t know about you?
I love music from the 60s, especially The Beatles! All you need is love!