Skip to content
Julie Schaefer – November 2019 Featured Volunteer
- How long have you been a CASA?
I have been a CASA for two years!
- What brought you to apply to become a CASA?
I had just finished up a term on a local board, when I heard a Monroe County CASA radio advertisement. I was looking for a meaningful, direct service opportunity and CASA seemed like a great fit for me. I must admit that I procrastinated for a few weeks before applying. I didn’t think that I had the right background or enough time, but I kept thinking about the ad. I am so glad that I finally took the chance to become a CASA!
- Besides being a CASA volunteer, what do you like to do in your spare time?
I spend most of my spare time with my three daughters, Mira (11) Maya(5) and Mona (3), my husband PK, and our three dogs. Any other spare time is spent traveling, kickboxing, and reading!
- What do you love the most about being a CASA?
I love that my role is to put the interests of the child first.
- And now for a little fun, what’s a hidden talent or unusual fact that most people don’t know about you?
On my dad’s side of the family, I come from a long line of brew masters and brewery owners.