1. How long have you been a CASA volunteer?
I have been a CASA since July 2020, a little more than a year.
2. What brought you to apply to become a CASA volunteer?
I love children and being a CASA has been the perfect venue to help those in need. Plus, I feel that I am being of service to the community.
3. Besides being a CASA volunteer, what do you like to do in your spare time?
I love to ride my bike, travel and spend time with our grandchildren.
4. What do you love the most about being a CASA?
Obviously, I love helping children and ensuring their interests are represented. Dealing with a wide range of people has been very rewarding.
5. What’s a hidden talent or unusual fact that most people don’t know about you?
I am a late to life nurse. I returned to school when I was 52 years old. It’s no surprise but the most enjoyable position I had was as a pediatric nurse.