Monroe County CASA
Training Coordinator Job Description
The Training Coordinator provides professional pre-service training to Court Appointed Special Advocate (CASA) volunteers using a locally adapted curriculum developed by the National CASA Association. The Training Coordinator will also coordinate monthly in-service training sessions for current CASAs. This is a contracted position for up to 300 hours per year or 78 hours per quarter, with evaluations annually. This position will include evening hours, but the specific schedule will vary depending on the training schedule.
The Training Coordinator should have the following education, skills, and experience:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience required. Education and/or experience in social service-related fields preferred.
- The ability to communicate with and empower volunteers to be effective in their roles. Training experience and experience with volunteers given preference.
- The ability to work cooperatively with different types of personalities and learning styles.
- Knowledge and understanding of issues and dynamics within families in crisis relating to child abuse and neglect given preference.
- Commitment to and passion for Monroe County CASA’s mission and goals.
- Computer and professional writing skills are required.
- Highly organized with the ability to work independently.
The Executive Director hires the Training Coordinator. The Training Coordinator reports directly to the Executive Director, who is responsible for their regular performance evaluation.
- Schedule and conduct a minimum of three pre-service CASA training sessions annually, as well as three CVM trainings annually. Training sessions will vary in time of day (during business hours, and/or evenings) and day of week (Mon/Wed/Thurs) throughout the year.
- Organize and attend swearing-in sessions as directed following the completion of each training session.
- Coordinate monthly in-service training schedule, in consultation with the CASA Coordinators.
- Conduct evaluations of pre-service and in-service training sessions.
- Monitor training hour requirements by volunteers and update as needed in the volunteer database.
- Provide CASA staff with training reports for volunteers.
- Attend staff meetings and assist in the evaluation of the program.
- Assist with recruitment, screening, and retention of volunteers as requested.
- Attend and assist in planning volunteer recognition events and activities as requested.
- Attend conferences/seminars/meetings as assigned.
- Participate in performance evaluation of this position as directed by Executive Director.
- Reach out to all new contacts with some brief information about Monroe County CASA and the CASA role, a training update, and the link to our online application.
- Maintain contact with active prospective CASAs in order to keep them informed regarding upcoming training opportunities.
- Use the volunteer database to track all contacts with prospective CASAs.
- In coordination with the Office Manager, monitor the completion of all required background checks and reference checks for volunteers.
- In coordination with the Office Manager, keep all training information up to date both in print and electronic files.
- Other duties as assigned by the Executive Director.