1. How long have you been a CASA volunteer?
I have been a CASA volunteer for 8 1/3 years.
2. What brought you to apply to become a CASA volunteer?
My friend Anne spoke at a meeting that I attended about CASA. Anne told me and others that CASA was in need of volunteers so I was moved to sign up.
3. Besides being a CASA volunteer, what do you like to do in your spare time?
In my spare time I sing at care centers. I enjoy watching the residents come to life and sing songs that they love. I also design and print cards that feature myself and friends having fun together along with inspirational messages. I am active in supporting young adults, encouraging them and giving them unconditional love. I nurture myself and I forgive all others.
4. What do you love the most about being a CASA?
As a CASA, I love that I am an officer of the court in which I objectively observe the child and their environment and then report back to the judge. I also really love the human connection which is genuine and lovingly honest.
5. What’s a hidden talent or unusual fact that most people don’t know about you?
Generally, I am very gentle and kind, but my inner Warrior Woman comes out when necessary to fight against injustice!
Click HERE to learn more about becoming a CASA volunteer.