Skip to content
Anne Owens – January 2020 Featured Volunteer
- How long have you been a CASA?
I have been a CASA volunteer for over 9 years.
- What brought you to apply to become a CASA?
After I retired, I became a CASA because I wanted to do something as a volunteer that would benefit children.
- Besides being a CASA volunteer, what do you like to do in your spare time?
Because my physical handicap keeps me from being on my feet too long, I do a lot of knitting and crocheting. I make afghans and hats and give them away. I enjoy meeting with friends and traveling with my daughter.
- What do you love the most about being a CASA?
What I love most about being a CASA is getting to know the children and seeing their resilience. I like that I am learning all the time about how children survive. I like to believe that I am doing something valuable for them.
- And now for a little fun, what’s a hidden talent or unusual fact that most people don’t know about you?
People may not know that I have three adopted children, two who are adults, and a seventeen-year-old. Also, I have published a book about children.