Skip to content
Anne Haynes – June 2020 Featured Volunteer
- How long have you been a CASA?
I have been a CASA for 7 years!
- What brought you to apply to become a CASA?
My spouse and other people I knew were CASAs, and I was impressed by hearing about their praise of our local CASA program and staff. Working with children was something I really wanted to do. After I retired from my career as a librarian, I applied for the training.
- Besides being a CASA volunteer, what do you like to do in your spare time?
I love gardening, playing piano, taking exercise and yoga classes, doing fiber arts, creative cooking, and visiting family in other states when possible.
- What do you love the most about being a CASA?
Witnessing children being resilient and reaching their potential despite having roadblocks in their lives. And seeing happy families together at adoption time! Working with the CASA staff has been a joy.
- And now for a little fun, what’s a hidden talent or unusual fact that most people don’t know about you?
We have a small permaculture orchard at home and I like to experiment with growing fruits, herbs, flowers, and vegetables, including some uncommon ones.