Skip to content
Anna Easton – January 2019 Featured Volunteer
- How long have you been a CASA?
I will complete my fourth year as a CASA in February.
- What brought you to apply to become a CASA?
During my first year of retirement from teaching, I knew that I wanted to volunteer in some way with children, and I chose CASA.
- Besides being a CASA volunteer, what do you like to do in your spare time?
Some of the things that occupy my spare time are golfing, exercising at the Y, reading, and traveling. In addition, I really enjoy spending time with my teenage grandsons–when they have time for me.
- What do you love the most about being a CASA?
The best part of being a CASA is visiting with the children each month and seeing them being taken care of and in a safe place. I hope that during our short visits I can convey to them how important and valued they are.
- And now for a little fun, what’s a hidden talent or unusual fact that most people don’t know about you?
An interesting fact is that my husband and I will celebrate our 50th wedding anniversary in May 2019!