1. How long have you been a CASA board member?
2. What brought you to apply to become a CASA board member?
I volunteered with a different organization when I lived in Indianapolis, but hadn’t gotten involved in a new organization since moving back home to Bloomington. A friend of mine was a CASA board member and she invited me to join. I love helping kids go on to be their best selves, so I knew this would be a great organization to be a part of.
3. Besides being a CASA volunteer, what do you like to do in your spare time?
I enjoy spending time with my three kids and my husband. We like to hike, read, be outdoors, and enjoy places or events in Bloomington and Indianapolis.
4. What do you love the most about being involved with CASA?
I love hearing the success stories of our CASAs. I also love working with the staff and other board members who share a passion for protecting and helping the children of our community. It’s so nice to work together towards a common goal and be a part of this organization that can be so life-changing for young kids.
5. What’s a hidden talent or unusual fact that most people don’t know about you?
My talent involves an ability to remember song lyrics, even if I haven’t heard the song in a very long time (especially songs from the 90s and early 2000s)!